Friday, January 4, 2013

I feel like I am dying.

If you know me, you know I love to go. But I equally love to stay -- a nice balance of the two is a perfect Amy world. A little travel followed by some great couch time - YUM.

As much as I have been blessed to do so the past few years, last year I got to do it for a long period of time, to one of my favorite places. And somewhere along the way I started feeling bad. Last May to be exact.

Something hurt. It ached. The only way to make it feel better was to eat. Ice cream and milk were the best. I ignored it until mid-September, prepared to head to Napa Valley, and could barely stand up straight. I found myself in the doctor's office with an "ulcer." Sweet doctor told me to go see my GI doctor in Jackson, and gave me some drugs to take care of it.

I was terrified of what was really going on, so did I go to the doctor? NO. So in September of this past year, my dad took me to lunch and told me that I never felt well, and that if something was really wrong with me he would have a hard time forgiving me for not taking care of it. I told him  that I was certain that I was going to die before him. (Rash, absolutely. But I felt that bad.)

Wanna make me move fast, sick my daddy on me. There's just something about that daddy voice. Even as a a grown woman.

So thus started the process of poking, prodding, scoping, biopsying, etc. Multiple times. With lots of needles. And test. And worry. And then, like that, my doctor had an AH-HA moment. It was my gallbladder.

My eyes had yellowed, my pain had severely intensified, I was miserable. With a week of diagnosis, that puppy was out, and I was on the road to becoming Amy again.

It's amazing to feel like yourself after feeling so bad for so long. Just really thankful it wasn't anything terribly serious. So I'm back. And better than ever....here's to 2013.


No comments:

Post a Comment