Tuesday, September 20, 2016

I have something to share.....

                 

 “All my longings lie open before you, my sighing is not hidden from you. I will wait for you, and you will answer.” Psalm 38

Last year I came to a place in my life where I was ready. Ready to take the next step in my life, ready to put myself out there, ready to see what God was going to do when I let down my guards. I made a promise that I would take that step in seeking God knowing He had gone before me, and trusting that he would provide in all areas of my life, including my dating life.

Today’s dating world is so different. It’s becoming more and more usual to hear people met through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or through an online dating application. I decided in order to continue putting myself out there to try it and it was HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE. I sat with my mom at dinner one night with tears streaming down my face so sad that I had tried (and was truly willing to open myself up) and it was so scary. I immediately turned my account off, thinking people could no longer access my profile. But I was wrong. And here he came.

This sweet, handsome man starting slowly communicating with me. He was patient with me, and pursued slowly and consistently. He told me the first thing he noticed about my account was my obvious love of Jesus, and that’s what he wanted. There was something calming and different about him, and for the first time, I felt at ease. As we joke now, I tell him “he slipped through the cracks” (because obviously I thought my account was canceled).

We texted for awhile and then started talking on the phone about two weeks in. And for three solid weeks, we talked every single day for at least an hour (many times for two to three hours). Our conversation and communication was so legit, we knew something serious was happening.
Quite honestly, we needed those three weeks of communication for both of our minds and hearts to be at ease and restful with each other.

After an awkward first date, we both quickly realized that the ease that we felt with each other was from the Lord, and we had to walk forward in it. I have never in my life been so comfortable and felt so safe with someone, and I think Parker would say the same. I knew the night Parker told me he was going to do whatever possible to fight for me…....I was going to marry him.

You see, I’ve prayed for a long time that God would bring me a man that pursued me from a distance. I knew I needed this in order for me to grow to be comfortable letting my walls down as I learned to trust him. I prayed for a man that would fight for me, and show me that he would steadily be by my side. And that has happened, and this man, he is a gift. He is sweet, kind, patient, playful, strong. Whew. I could go on and on.

So y’all, I’m getting married!!!!



5 comments:

  1. I can relate to so much of this. So happy for you my friend❤️
    All the congrats;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful blessing! So EXCITED for you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, I'm so happy for you! (And happy that you chose to write about your happiness!) Sending big hugs and love, Mrs. Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, you have painted the perfect 'picture'. As his Mother, I promise Parker, as I know he has too, will always be there for you-thru thick and thin, good and bad, and will do everything in his power-thru God's power-to keep you safe and keep you with that comfortable feeling..,,he is that kind of person! God has chosen someone for you and someone for my son that you both deserve! I know you will be a blessing to us all....Welcome to the family!

    ReplyDelete