Friday, June 3, 2011

Being Stalked.




These days being stalked has become the norm. We all know that by even having a Facebook page we are being watched. Carefully. Our friends, acquaintances, retailers, marketers, etc. What we may not realize is that anywhere you go on the web, there is something tracking you. Your habits, your likes, your trends, patterns, desires, etc. It's really kind of freaky. The analytics reports have become so intelligent its ridiculous the amount of information they have on us and how easily it is to target us.

If I type an email in my gmail account about _______, google suggests links to read further about _______ at the top of the page. It's saying to me, "I'm reading your emails. Big brother lives and exists in the internet."

So one day recently I found this site: Modcloth. I think it was through a friend at work but I honestly don't remember. And today when checking my facebook, I noticed I was being targeted by one of their ads (perfect example of them following me to the places I go). So I clicked the link (doing what the proper target should do -- hey look, I work in advertising). And found these pretty dresses.




The site kind of makes me think of Anthropologie, but the prices are much happier. And we all love happy prices! Here's to being stalked!

No comments:

Post a Comment