Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Helpmate.

This weekend I gracefully backed out of my fun weekend travel plans and bowed in to getting my home in order. If you know me you know I live in a state of organized chaos, complete with a little OCD that causes me to be crazy about being clean...but because I go so hard, those "crazy clean" times have to be planned and become quite consuming.

So, that's what I did this weekend.
  • I cleaned the freezer (my dad and movers let a diet coke explode in it when I moved in -- in October)
  • I cloroxed my kitchen
  • I cloroxed my bathrooms
  • I swept/dust-mopped/mopped my floors
  • I dusted
  • I did five loads of laundry (including cleaning my bathrugs)
  • I mowed my yard
  • I killed weeds
  • I fed my plants (yes, really...I "fed" them)
  • I put out 15 bails of pine straw
  • I put about 20 boxes in my attic
  • I "straightened" up my garage and swept
  • I changed the sheets on my bed

My garage before I took over. 1/2 of it is my parents crap -- it looks so much better. I forgot to take an after photo.



And then I went to the pool.

Ridiculous that I just wrote all that out but sometimes I want to remember that when I am so tired at the end of the day and feel like doing nothing, I am capable of all of the above in a 16-hour period. I also say all of that to remember how challenging as an individual it is to do those things by yourself. It is oftentimes in those "crazy clean" times, I have the sweetest and most memorable conversations with the Lord. And sometimes they aren't sweet, but more of a cry of being forsaken. Saturday I had one. It was sweet. A time of being reminded that relationships are not for our own well-being. Not just for us to be loved. Relationships were created in order to be helpmates for one another. I am so grateful the Lord reminds me of that and pushes me toward prayer for my helpmate. For I need a helpmate, while I want great love. Need is greater than want but I believe he is preparing both. So thankful he grants me such sweet wisdom in the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment