Monday, May 16, 2011

Keeping up with it.

I'm convinced I'm going to have loss of memory at an early age. I'm not making light of it at all, I'm being totally serious. I've halted the amount of diet cokes I drink (due to my revisted TMJ), but I've been so dependent on that caffeine from a can...it just can not be good. My mom even told me recently that they are saying aluminum cans + the disease inside the can is being blamed for loss of memory (aka. alzheimers).

With that said, I'm documenting via camera what I do now, so I can be reminded one day when I need a little help. I read something recently that said "write everything down, do not depend on your memory." Um, yes. I get this.

This is my mama. She received the Community Nurse of the Year award from UMHC. So proud of her -- she has one of the best hearts in the world. In fact, I wish my heart was more kind and caring like hers.

This is my big brother. He's a doctor at UMHC, a very good one at that. He, too, has won awards of various kinds and I am always hearing how awesome he is. Really proud of him too. This picture depicts the nature of our relationship -- one is ALWAYS being silly and the other is not. It is rare that we are both being serious or silly at the same time. Can you guess who was being ridiculous? Can you see in his face that he wants me to stop being ridiculous?

Whew. I love these girls. A few of my small group girls got together for my sweet friend Laura's wedding shower. They all just finished their first year of college, but I still feel like they are my girls. We still hang out, we talk about life, etc. I am so thankful I've been able to walk through life with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment