Tuesday, May 3, 2011

April Schedules and Sweet Covenants.

I calculated the other day that I have been at home, in my house ~1/3 of the month of April. Needless to say, I have had so much fun...but I am exhausted. I'm excited for a weeks home prior to heading up to North Carolina to see the extended family!

I went to a wedding this past weekend for two sweet friends of mine. I met both of them through a retreat we've all attended and served through -- and they have such hearts for Christ. I was so blessed at their wedding -- truly having a worship service before the God of the universe -- celebrating marriage, not a wedding. I am thankful I was able to join with them, interceding on their behalf, and celebrating their covenant.


The minister talked much of marriage these days -- a contractual agreement rather than a covenant. But Christ means for it to be a covenant agreement -- one where you are always looking to put the others needs, desires, etc in front of your own. A serving relationship. It was a sweet service before God, and really made me realize how much I long for that. I hide that often. I act like I have it all together and I am okay....and in reality, I am hopeful for the day when the good Lord blesses me with that covenant...(and as I wait, sometimes I'm a hot mess about it. :))

Here's to you Michael and Reagan -- I am so excited to see what the Lord has in store for the two of you! [And thanks to a really good time dancing the night away!]

No comments:

Post a Comment