Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A much needed vacation.

I had a wonderful time this past weekend with two of my sweet friends in San Francisco. My friend Brooke -- she and I were in the 2nd grade together in Memphis -- and then I moved and who would have thought we'd end up as XO's together in college. We lived together our sophomore year and she quickly grew to be a lifelong friend.

Ann and I were also XOs but didn't really become friends until Brooke's wedding two years ago. We love to go see her, and had such a wonderful, laid-back time together. It was very much needed and I am so thankful for little getaways like this one.

(These pictures are out of order....but who cares!)

We drove down the windy road (way easier than I would have imagined it would be):



Went to see the Golden Gate up close:


Had lunch on the Pacific Ocean -- so beautiful:


Had a wonderful "Farm-to-Table" lunch at Robert Sinsky's Vineyard:


Absolutely beautiful country:

Had a muffin from Bouchon Bakery (a Thomas Keller bakery):



Went to see the Seals at Pier 39:


Spotted Acatraz (I watched the movie last week so I'm intrigued by this jail):


Had a blue bottle coffee (cause everyone told us to):


Me and Ann:


Had some of the best scones ever:


More of the pacific ocean:


A beautiful vineyard:



Grapes everywhere -- they were so yummy!:



Ann and B in the vineyard:


The Bay Bridge:



All three of us:


Eating fabulous grapes:

No comments:

Post a Comment