Monday, March 24, 2014

Some good recipes.

The only way I will and can succeed with this new, healthier life (aside from Jesus) is by keeping the right foods in my house. I've been testing recipes on the weekend and finding things I like. As I go, I'll pass along for those of you fighting to make changes in your life too. It helps me stay accountable by helping others do the same.

Tomorrow's freedom is today's surrender. (Listen to this fabulous all sons and daughters song where I stole this line.)

Be loved, for you are most definitely loved.

Spaghetti with grass-fed beef, spaghetti squash (noodles) and no sugar added sauce

A delicious, healthy snack. Good if heated up for :15 for breakfast

I can't turn these right side up for some reason but this is  yummy "cereal", and a little goes a long way. Find it here

I prepare veggies on Sunday night and have them ready as a side all week. Roasted these for 30ish minutes on 400. Olive (or coconut or sesame) oil, sea salt and pepper.

One of my favorite dishes....spaghetti squash pie (truly one of my favorite things I've eaten). I made it tonight with chicken sausage...find the recipe here. (And because I hate onions, I eliminate that one ingredient...still good.)

On the weekends and occasional weeknights, I make a mean omelet. Lean (nitrate-free) ham, tomatoes, mushrooms and cage-free eggs. Sometimes I add cheese. 

Grass-fed beef with goat cheese on the inside, Brussel sprouts with bacon (sautéd these), and hummus and carrots. Note: hummus is not paleo. This is where I fall in the 80/20 category. 20% = hummus. Can't stop, won't stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment