Thursday, January 6, 2011

No other gods.

So I have started a bible study that deals with idols, more specifically, what we make our daily gods. And while the OT viewing of "gods" [gold, brass, etc] doesn't really resognate sometimes, I am being enlightened on my sheer necessity for strength in Christ to overcome all of my gods. gods (little g) do not neceesarily always deal with materialism. They can come in many forms and for me, particularly the mind. Infatuation, fear, mystical ideals....well, there are so many things that we make our gods putting them before our High King.

I am so thankful for a loving Father that teaches me in spite of myself, so that I may cling to Him and learn to remove all that hinders me to Him. My prayer last night -- let me know You and only You, and may that be my only desire. For knowing Him intimately bears fruit and that is who I am called to be.

Here's to 2011.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment