Sunday, January 16, 2011

A simple stem.

One of the themes I am trying to accomplish in my new home is simplicity. I wanted everything about it to be bright and airy, giving the appearance of cleanliness. The walls are whitish/grey, and I have really tried to keep counters free of clutter, bookcases void of too much stuff...well, you get my point.

So with this table I decided a glass jar, a picture and the lamp where ALL that would grace its presence. But it needed something -- the empty jar just wasn't cutting it.

So the other day I went to Hobby Lobby to get flowers for the front doors (pink hydrangas -- lovely) and I picked up a few "filler" sticks too. But once I got the hydrangas arranged I decided I didn't want any filler...so I had two sticks of filler that I could either (a) take back or (b) keep for another day. I decided since they cost around $5 and the hassle of driving back down lakeland wasn't worth that $5, I'd keep them.

And then I had a vision. The filler sticks would look great in the jar. And so I started putting it in the jar, piece by piece....and bam. It was just the quiet, calm touch to complete the table.

Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment