Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Blank Canvas

So I've had other personal blogs before, but they've always been about personal matters. Growth, pain, seasons, etc. While that information is so vital to me and my journey, I'm not sure that I want to continue to blog about it. I've been so convicted about the things and matters of life with the Lord being so intimate, and a blog doesn't always allow for that intimacy.

I heard a friend once say "I'm pretty sure all pharisees would have been bloggers" and I can't get that out of my mind. We are to teach others, and tell of the good news, but have we lost site of the relational aspect of it? Is it easier for people to read it, see it, than to show it with our own lives? For me, yes. So I'm challenged to start living it more and writing about it less.

I'm not saying it's wrong for a believer to blog about the things of Christ, and I am suuuuurrrrrreeee there will be times when I speak of His goodness, or something he has taught me, but I think it's time for me to be more lighthearted in my blogging.

SOOOO....with this new phase of life, I'm going to start posting projects I'm working on, places I'm going, things to do. I think it'll be fun. Lighthearted and fun. A blank canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment