Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A lifelong friend....and answered prayers.


This is my friend AH. We've been friends since the 3rd grade -- and she was my first friend at FPDS and Jackson when my family moved here. We've been through ALOT together -- one of my favorite stories to tell is when two men tried to break in when we were watching cartoons. Needless to say, the cops had to carry me out of the house [I was a HOT MESS].

She and her husband, Tommy, met at my brothers engagement party. Tommy went with me (he was my brother's roommate and like my other brother), and I recognized that they both noticed each other (it was clear there were sparks). Needless to say, they are now married and adopting a baby.

My sweet friend AH has let me walk this road with them. I got to participate in the references, sharing my love for the two of them and supporting this to the maximum. sheesh. I wouldn't have it any other way.

So it's been a great season of waiting for the two of them...until last night...they are adopting a little girl in two weeks (see AH's blog here). So much waiting and out of nowhere God answers the prayers. He moves swiftly and victoriously!

When I got the call last night regarding this, I wept. Hard. It's a story of God's true love and mercy for two of his own. A story of so much pain ultimately leading to the goodness of His heart. A sovereign God planned this perfectly, and many prayers are answered. Cannot wait to meet little ADS! Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment